Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Peach Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Peach Frosting

{via}

I found an amazing recipe for these at: Week of Menus
Adapted a few things, since peaches were in season and fell in love with these cupcakes.

Ingredients:

Batter
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
2 ⅔ cups all-purpose flour
2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups granulated sugar
3 large eggs
3/4 c. very finely diced peaches
3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
1/2 cup pureed fresh peach
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Frosting
1 cup of butter, softened
8 oz of cream cheese, softened
1/3 c. very finely diced peaches
1/3 c pureed peach
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3-5 cups of confectioners sugar

Directions:

Mix together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. In a large measuring cup or bowl, mix together buttermilk, peach puree and vanilla extract. Set aside until needed.Using an electric mixer, beat butter and granulated sugar in a mixing bowl until pale, about 2 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in peaches.
Mix in flour mixture in three batches, alternating with two batches of buttermilk mixture. Mix until just combined, scraping down bowl as needed. Scoop batter into lined cupcake tins.

Bake at 350' F, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean, about 21 to 24 minutes. Allow cupcakes to cool in tins for 10 minutes, and then remove cupcakes and place them on a cooling rack. Makes about 24-28 cupcakes.

To make frosting: In a large mixing bowl, mix butter until it is softened and uniform. Add cream cheese and beat together until it is uniform. Add vanilla extract and mix. Add peaches and peach puree and mix. Add 3 cups of sugar to the mixture and mix. Add more sugar if necessary. Mix again until mixture is creamy and spreadable. Add more sugar if necessary.
 
* I also made this in cake form...which was delicious. 
*Also, using the frosting above and the cake from Coconut Cupcakes found: here
   it made an amazing, cake!

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh those look so good I am adding them to my to-do list

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I just might have to print this recipe and try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJune 04, 2012

    Can you tell me what the texture of the icing was like with fresh peaches instead of the freeze-dried peaches in the original recipe?

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The texture of the icing with fresh peaches is runny, so that is why I add more powdered sugar than just the 3 cups. I add a lot more, but it is worth it. HUGE difference in the flavor. Fresh peaches made a world of difference. But when out of season then I use the freeze dried.

      Delete
    2. AnonymousJune 07, 2012

      Thanks for your quick reply!

      Delete
  4. I don't know if you will reply, seeing as though this was posted a year ago, but when you made it in cake form, how long did you allow it to bake? I think this sounds delicious and I can't wait to try it, but I'd like to try it as a cake. Thank you in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SiaDreams- Thanks for your comment! And I have tried it as a cake...several times. It makes and excellent cake! But, cooking time has varied for me depending on which cake/pan size I use. But I used a boxed cake instructions to give me a basic idea. Overall, I went until the toothpick came out clean. But when baking it in two 8 inch round cake pans I baked them for about 25 minutes. (I like to start watching it about five minutes prior, because I like mine to be moist and not overdone! And baking times can vary.) Well, I hope that helps!!

      Delete
  5. I finally made the cake 2 weekends ago. I frosted it with a Bacardi Peach frosting. It was fantastic! I soaked it overnight with a peach syrup before frosting it too. Thank you so much for this recipe. My friends and family loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do you make bacardi peach frosting

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...