Sunday, December 11, 2011

DIY Board Book

I saw a cute board book on chefmessy.com. And I loved the idea. 
I followed her tutorial for making it, but she suggests printing the pictures on card stock then using double sided sticky tape and a dollar store board book. 

I made a few minor changes.  I wanted the book to be a little more durable.  So I ordered my pictures from Walmart.  Real photos last longer through the chewing and drool. 
To ensure that the pictures would hold, I peeled off the outer layer of the board book and each of its pages. Until it was just card board. (it pulls off easily)
Then I Glued and Modge Podged the pictures on securely.

It was really quick and easy...and a perfect Stocking Stuffer idea!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE it! So cute! Sadly, our book got lost in the Christmas shuffle last year. I keep thinking I need to make a new one! Using real photos is a good idea - might have to try that. (How does it hold up to fingerprints?)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...